Hi,

The start of the project was much slower than i planned it to be. Cocoon and Lenya are more difficult to comprehend than i could imagine. Therefor it took a while before i came productive.

The usecases for the searching, indexing and removing of documents are done. They work quite fast and are integrated in Lenya pretty neat.

The calling of these usecases from another usecase is still a problem. I have used the UsecaseCronjob code as an example, but are still not sure why it isn't working the way it should. A debugging session will probably solve this problem.

The integration of Nutch has moved to the background, i am afraid. I will have to concentrate on this in the last week to meet the project's goals. My intention is to leave the Nutch package as autonomous as possible and only use the index of as a secondary search engine. This can be done without much problems.

The big remaining issue is the scheduling of the Nutch crawler. I must build a usecase that invokes the crawling of the publication and its external links, which can be invoked with the UsecaseCronjob. Some help or examples on this issue would be very welcome!

Regards, Robert

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
With ten days left to finish the GSoC projects, I think it would be good for our three students to provide a short status report here.

Think "3P":
Progress:
What have you accomplished and how does it compare to the project's goals.

Problems:
Is anything preventing you from reaching the project goals, and if yes can we do something about it.

Perspectives:
What are your plans until the September 1st "pencils down" deadline.
Make sure to leave sufficient time for feedback where you need it.