Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Also, it would be good if at least important bugs where "documented" in
> terms of a failing unit test.

Yeah, that would be nice.

> Failing tests that we don't care about anymore should be removed.
> Failing tests of the kinds I described above makes a difference IMO.

Yes, I agree with you here - but in addition we should have no failing
test for a release.

> This behaviour doesn't work that well with test driven programming and
> "failing test as bug report". Is there a possibility to indicate that a
> test should be runned, but that the jar should br cretated even if it fails?
I think currently you can only ignore the failure of all tests, but not
of particular ones. But adding these things to m2 plugins should be easy.
And I think these tests should pass for a release. Otherwise this means
that we don't care about them and release anyway.

> I added some rather time consuming tests while developing VPCs and
> sitemap blocks. These tests are not really unit tests but rather
> functional tests. As soon as we have the HtmlUnit tests working in trunk
> (and I find some time), I will port the sitemap level test stuff that I
> developed to HtmlUnit.
Great!!

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de