Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

Deployement
-----------

During development it is easiest to deploy block by using an (possibly graphical) OSGi console. Is this ok for production systems, should we have some web gui?

A graphical installer is fine for development but IMHO not for production. I need a reproducible state of a system.

Suppose you have a cluster of 5 app servers running Cocoon. I don't want to connect to every server and install/uninstall blocks there. This is way to error-prone.

What I think is some kind of block-installation descriptor[1]. I think M2 will help us here but I haven't had a closer look how this could be done.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/whiteboard/block-deployer/test/sample-descriptors/deploy_001.xml
just to give an idea what I mean, don't want to say that this *is* the solution.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc