On 12 Sep 2005, at 14:07, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Pier Fumagalli schrieb:

I've noticed that when one works on Cocoon in Eclipse, and at a certain point issues a "./build.sh clean-dist", Eclipse complains that its build directory is gone nowhere, and that somehow it can't re-create it.

I assume this is because the output directory for Eclipse is somewhere on a three-deep path (build/eclipse/classes), and when "clean-dist" removes the "build" directory, the baby gets confused.

I change this every time in my "local.build.properties" to be ".eclipse", and that removes the problem, but I was thinking, would it be all-right to change that in "build.properties" and ship it as default?

If we change this, why can't we simply use the Eclipse default "bin"?

"bin" could be too confusing: that's where scripts usually live. ".eclipse" is way better in this sense, momentarily giving idea that that's the place where eclipse crap lives...

I agree with Vadim... Most of the times when I check out projects internally here, the "bin" directory is where all my scripts live (kinda like ./bin/jetty.sh, blablabla - it's Unix standard).

I personally started using ".eclipse" because it's normally hidden from "ls", like ".svn" is and describes exactly what's that for.

    Pier