As a step in our continuos strugle to make Cocoon less monolithic I think we should move the content of trunk/src/ to trunk/, and start considering them as separate projects (blocks). Carsten have already started to do something in this direction by creating a core and webapp directory (with POMs but not source) at trunk level as part of Mavenization. The toplevel projects should be possible to build separately and all dependencies should be explicit in the POMs.

It also makes sense from a "real blocks" POV as most of the directories under trunk/src/ are or will become bundles. Eclipse organizes its bundles in a flat way: http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/.

There is also a bewildering amount of files under trunk/, meybe we could move part of them to subdirectories like bin/, conf/ and readme/.

WDYT?

/Daniel