On Monday 03 October 2005 04:11, Ross Gardler wrote:
> One other significant point to the many arguments as to why Cocoon is
> *not* obsolete is that a rich client requires higher bandwidth.

I agree with Antonio that the above statement is not a fact, but a
circumstance around the particular application.

 1. Behaviour mobility - the application behaviour is moved to the client. How
often, how large, and so on.

 2. Algorithms - how much data is processed on the server prior to be moved to
the client?

 3. Data Intensity - Is the application data intense and need a lot of DB
read/writes?

 4. Many other factors...

Whatever the case, the server runtime platform will remain, but less
'typical' (HTML) than in the past.

Cheers
Niclas