Steven Noels wrote:

Now, in an environment where every committer/consultant worries about his own private customers and their JDK version numbers, I wonder if and when this will ever take off. In an environment where consultants expect the project to care for the fact they try to make money on the project, reality becomes warped.

Great comment, Steven. I feel my self direct addressed with this statement. Because I WASTED not only my last weekend, but a lot of time keeping the f*** java 1.3 compatibility. Yes, seems like it is not big deal for all of us. But just for the records, let me state:

"No one of my customers, employees, myself nor my family use or used java 1.3.x at all!"

Now, I know what this work means for other community members. Thank you for let me know I wasted my time, trying to keep a DAMN coontract we have with our user base! I will choose now to do better things with my weekends. Fortunately, in my country is summer the whole year!

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.