Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> I don't know if it is a bug or an intentional thing to not include url
> parameters in the cache key of an expires pipeline. I though think the
> expires caching would be of much more value if the cache key used in expires
> pipelines would include parameters. Guess it would not be to difficult to
> built this in?
>
> In a practical case in which I really needed expires pipelines for
> performance, I did JS rewriting for posts of a form to set the form
> parameters in the URL seperated by "/" to avoid having the expires pipeline
> return the same cached pages for all posts to one pipeline. Very annoying!
>
> So I would guess it is a bug, otherwise a very peculiar feature :-)

The uri is used as a "default" for the cache key. You can include
parameters and any additional information in the key if you need to.

You can define your own cache key by setting a parameter on the pipeline:
<map:pipeline type="expires">
  <map:parameter name="cache-key" value="SOMETHING"/>

So, you can e.g. use input modules to add the uri and the request
parameters in there.

HTH
Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de