On 11.11.2005, at 09:45, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

Torsten Curdt wrote:
I have a nasty error that I can't track down. I'm using the ReloadingClassloader of trunk and include it with following code:

<map:classloader>
  <class-dir src="../blah"/>
</map:classloader>

I declare a couple of components like generators and actions. Using an action works as it has been doing for months but since an upgrade to the latest SVN I get following error when declaring a custom generator:
You can reproduce it all the time only with generators??

yep, I'm using Eclipse 3.1 and the class-dir points to the porject's output directory.

And reloading actions still works?

The HTTP response is:

HTTP ERROR: 500 my.CustomGenerator (Bad index in constant pool.)

At the console following stacktrace appears:

java.lang.ClassFormatError: my.CustomGenerator (Bad ind
ex in constant pool.)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.classloader.ReloadingClassLoaderFactory $ DefaultClassLoader.fastFindClass(ReloadingClassLoaderFactory.java: 182)
Now that's interesting :-/ ...with a basic "class-dir" there should
be no rewriting that could possibly cause this.
BTW, currently ReloadingClassLoaderFactory doesn't work out of the
box as it isn't declared in any xconf
...but it's declared in the cocoon.roles - that should work fine

you mean http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/src/java/org/ apache/cocoon/cocoon.roles? Can't find it there. Only the DefaultClassLoaderFactory is declared.

Doh! ...no - I did not want to change the default behavior.
So I did override it in the xconf

  <component
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.classloader.ReloadingClassLoaderFact ory" role="org.apache.cocoon.components.classloader.ClassLoaderFactory/ ReloadingClassLoaderFactory"/>

In order to debug this I'd suggest to print out the size of the "clazzBytes"
byte[] and then compare what's on the disk.

cheers
--
Torsten