Antonio Gallardo wrote:
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

I think this global switch is a misconception. Can we change the meaning
to: "use ajax if it's enabled in the form *and* if the current browser
supports it?" Currently I only have the choice for switching ajax on for
*all* users. Now if they happen to have turned off javascript, they
simply can't use the form.
So I would prefer to have a detection mechanism, if the current browser
supports ajax or something like that.
AFAIK, we have a detection mechanism at the browser level:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/blocks/forms/trunk/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/js/cforms.js?view=markup

(see the end of the "cocoon.forms.submitForm", at the end we founda comment: "/// Non ajax-aware browser : regular submit"

Yep. This handles non-Ajax browsers that have Javascript enable. Browsers with Javascript disabled will not be able to use event-handlers on widgets other than submits.

Sylvain