Il giorno 19/dic/05, alle ore 13:43, Sylvain Wallez ha scritto:

Do we really need yet another configuration option? I didn't knew about this date format's leniency, and IMO the date convertor shouldn't be lenient since "12-32-2005" is obviously an invalid input. So what about simply always set lenient to false?

The problem is that the default leniency for DateFormat is true, so setting it to false would break backward compatibility (even if it's admittedly improbable that someone would have relied on this behavior). With my fix, we have one more option, but omitting it gives exactly the same behavior as before.

All in all, I don't have a strong opinion on this, so we might do a quick informal vote and let people decide.

        Ugo

--
Ugo Cei
Tech Blog: http://agylen.com/