Ralph Goers wrote:
Thanks for the info. Do you think we should rewrite this using Digester instead of Castor?

Commons Digester is only a one-way tool: XML->Java.
Castor could be replaced by XMLBeans (if you need to use XML Schema), XStream (if you only want to de/serialiaze XML to Java) or JAXB (also provides separate mapping files).

You could also try to upgrade Castor to the latest release. If there are problems, I'm sure the Castor community will be very helpful.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc