Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

On 12/30/05, Sylvain Wallez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

The W3C recently set up an "XML Processing working group"[1] whose
primary goal is to define an XML processing language (i.e. pipelines).

Wow, innovation at work! :-)

AFAIU the group's direction is not to reinvent something new, but to
standardize what already exists, taking as inputs two pipeline languages
that were submitted as W3C notes, namely Norman Walsh's[2] and XPL from
Orbeon[3] (that BTW they claim to be the pipeline language "that has in
fact been used the most"[4].

My impression is that what this WG will end up defining yet another
programming language in XML, and that this language will either be very
limited in the processing types it allows in order to be implemented on
a wide range of platforms (including browsers), or allow a lot of
extensibility, thus actually limiting its portability.

WDYT, should we join the party?

I think it would make sense to at least talk to them, or has this been done already?

I'm not that much interested into yet another DSL expressed in XML,
and I don't feel alone at all. Actually I'd much rather drift towards
a programmatic pipeline API.

what do you mean by a programmatic pipeline API?

Thanks

Michi

Anyone has the guts to start a JSR on
that? :)

--
Gianugo Rabellino

Michael Wechner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]