hepabolu wrote:
Pier Fumagalli wrote:
In the second, those changes will be in the hands of the distributor (and thus GPLed). There are two options, either the copyright of those changes is transfered to the ASF by the distributor (and then we'll follows what's described above) or they'll have to maintain those patches themselves as we're not going to include GPL licensed code in our repository...

So this means it could become a Cocoon fork and there's nothing we can do about it?

We can't take code that we don't own and that is licensed by some other license and relicense it under different terms.

But the apache license states that *if* you contribute anything back, then this would be apache licensed if you don't say anything else.

But this has very little to do with the license incompatibility problem.

I hope this clears it a little bit...

a bit yes. ;-)

Bye, Helma

--