Upayavira wrote:

> However, if we think of a newcomer to Cocoon, I can see this as being
> unnecessarily complicated. Why are some things in pom.xml and others in
> block.xml? Well, er, because Maven doesn't know how to handle the stuff
> in block.xml.

A newcomer would not need to edit/view pom.xml or block.xml, he would
use an archetype initially and the deployer afterwards to get him going
developing cocoon apps.

Furthermore, we can't at this point be 100% sure which information will
stay in the pom when deploying it to the repository. I talked about this
with the maven people a while ago, have a look at [1]

Regards
Jorg

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEPLOY-7