Reinhard Poetz skrev:
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
Reinhard Poetz skrev:

Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
We can also release with non OSGi blocks. The blocks are ongoing work, the most important thing that lacks is "two level configuration". As discussed before the component configuration is part of the block and constant, so they need to be parametrized in some way for making them user configurable. We have not had much discussion about how to do this yet.

My understanding is that a user can parameterize a block at deployment (which is supported by the block deployer) if he wants. Otherwise the default values are taken.

Yes, but that says nothing about the details about parametrization of components (which isn't implemented yet), does it?

Do you mean how the parameters from wiring.xml finally arrive in the component configuration?

Yes.

Parameters from the wiring get to the servlet as servlet context parameters, but how to solve it for components is unclear. Not talking about that I don't think that the servlet and the individual components should be parametrized as a collective, they should be parametrized separately. But that is another question.

/Daniel