Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
I described what files need to be copied in the first mail in the thread, it is as simple as that.

1. Add the block you want to depend on to the pom.xml in cocoon-webapp.
2. Copy the content of src/main/resources/WEB-INF in the blocks to the src/main/webapp/WEB-INF of cocoon-webapp. 3. Copy the contents of src/main/resources/samples in the sample blocks to src/main/webapp/samples/blocks/<block-name> of cocoon-webapp.

Ah, ok, now, this means that you change the the src of the cocoon-webapp
block (pom.xml and additional files in the resources). Now if I
accidentially commit the webapp block I would commit all those stuff as
well. Or am I wrong? Isn't there a better way?

IMO cocoon-webapp is a demo application so I think it is OK if we have it contain a fixed set of blocks and samples that we like to showcase.

Before the cocoon-webapp also have acted as a template webapp, that people have started with while developing applications, but letting the cocoon-webapp fill that role as well is IMO mix of concern.

For having a template webapp, we should have something much more minimal that the demo-webapp. And for creating such a webapp Maven archetype is the way to go.

/Daniel