* Reinhard Poetz:

> Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
>
> > And I have a more  general question: what concrete usecase and
> > existing blocks  have motivated the design  and development of
> > the wiring  feature?  Do  we have several  blocks implementing
> > the same interface?
>
> see  http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/BlockIntroduction, which  was
> the originally written by Stefano looooong time ago.
>
> The   wiki   documents   mainly   deal   with   what   we   call
> "sitemap  blocks". The  last  missing  piece  is  how  component
> dependencies   will  finally   look  like. That's   pretty  much
> undefined. Declarative services in OSGi could be the answer.

OK to make it short, I think  that the top priority is to have the
block  deployment  working  again.  Polymorphism  and  inheritance
are  brilliant  ideas, but  should  not  be considered  short-term
development.

If  we want  to  release 2.2,  we must  delay  the development  of
polymorphism and inheritance.

What  is missing  to  have this  block  deployer working,  without
wiring concerns (hardcoded wiring against cocoon-core)?
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/