On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 14:01 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
> A couple of weeks ago I promised to set up a FAQ system in Daisy. I've
> now done this.
>
> Creating a FAQ
> ==============
>
> There is a "FAQ" document Type. This is a simple document in which the
> document title should be the question and the content should be the answer.
>
> To illustrate things I have copied the "installation faqs" from
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/faq/faq-install.html into individual FAQ
> documents, for example:
>
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/799.html?branch=1&language=1
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/806.html?branch=1&language=1

<snip the details/>

> ----
>
> So, if people like this, we should migrate all FAQs from the legacy docs
> into this format, as well as including relevant ones from the Wiki.
>
> Ross

Thanks for setting this up. I have some reservations though about
copying the FAQs from the legacy docs. I haven't read them all but a lot
of them have become either incorrect or irrelevant. One of the reasons
for the "new documentation" is that we can leave behind the outdated
information.

I'll have a look at removing those I think shouldn't be included
anymore, and maybe adding some fresh ones. I'd also like to change the
query in the navigation to a query in a document: having the long
questions in the navigation doesn't make sense I think.

Similar to the FAQ doctype, I'd also like to set up a "GlosarryItem"
doctype which can be used to provide short explanations of
Cocoon-specific terms (such as sitemap, subsitemap, FOM, flowscript,
blocks, real blocks, ...).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]