Peter Hunsberger wrote:
> On 3/15/06, Upayavira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Peter Hunsberger wrote:
>>> Do that, and nothing other than 2.1 will ever happen.  Getting real
>>> blocks is a big thing.  It looks like a lot of work, everyone has
>>> always known that.  Now that there is a little bit of momentum in the
>>> blocks direction is no time to kill it.
>> I never said 'kill it'. I said 'move it'.
>
> If you ask me, that the same thing: if it's ever going to happen lots
> of people have to focus on it and make it happen...
>
>> I very much value the blocks
>> work, but at the same time I think it is stifling the rest of Cocoon.
>>
>> I would like to see blocks and Cocoon 2.1.X move along in parallel, and
>> as soon as blocks are sufficiently mature and stable, they merge. The
>> current state of affairs with a tiny minority working on blocks (however
>> cool) and nothing else happening is far from healthy.
>>

> Perhaps, but from what I understand nothing is really stopping you
> from working on anything else?

2.1 is a branch - so innovation shouldn't really happen there. Trunk I
don't understand, and is too unstable (not a negative, just a fact[1])
for me to find time to understand it. So I don't see quite what I could
work on. And I suspect the case is the same for others too.

Upayavira

[1] Some people have time and resources to give to working with that
level of instability. Others need something relatively stable to work on
incrementally within their work. I see no problem with either approach,
I just want us to bring the latter back into play in our community.