Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Just curious, how much time do you need for a clean build of the
> trunk, starting with an empty m2 repository?

I guess the maven build experience varies from country to country. For
me, with mirrors.dotsrc.org set as primary mirror and ~/.m2/repository
fully empty i can repeatedly build cocoon trunk with all blocks in about
15 minutes (20mbit connection) - uninterrupted.

> I've had several occurences where the whole thing was not finished
> after more than an hour, using an usually fast DSL or similar
> connection. For some reason, the repository downloads seem to be very
> slow here.

As Sylvain explained, there are some problems with codehaus and the main
maven repo [1], so now was probably the worst time ever to start testing
the maven build intensively. It does point out a flaw with the whole
maven architecture though, if central or a main snapshot mirror goes
down then a lot of builds will just fail, even if they have everything
local already.

Regards
Jorg

[1] http://www.codehaus.org/status.html