Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

It's already there :) In the webapp under samples/spring. The last time
I checked it (some weeks ago) it worked using:
http://localhost:8888/samples/spring.

Thanks, I found the samples and they still work :-)
                                      - o -

I'm not perfectly happy with having the Spring configuration in "conf/applicationContext.xml" which is relative to the sitemap it belongs to. What about having applicationContext.xml in the same directory as the sitemap as default?

Anyway, I'm not sure if I want to have Spring components at sitemap level at all (at least in my applications). I would prefer having some global mechanism, similar to WEB-INF/xconf for Spring beans. We could introduce something like WEB-INF/spring/ into which you can put as many bean definition files as you want.

Thinking further, Spring configurations could be placed in META-INF/legacy/spring for a particular block. Daniel, any objections from a Cocoon 3 POV?

WDYT?

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

___________________________________________________________ Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC: http://messenger.yahoo.de