> Yes, the wildcard matcher is indeed faster (although the question is if
> it really makes a difference for the performance of the whole request).

I _seem to remember_ that loooong time ago Stefano did some profiling and one of
the results was that in his test scenario about 10 % of the time was consumed in
matchers. Maybe somebody else has some newer figures.

Yepp! ...remember the same. I thought it would be good to write a
prefix/postfix matcher as a LOT of patterns are just "prefix/**.html"
So you could probably save a lot of time in a lot of cases ...but this
never bubbled up to the top of my todo list.

cheers
--
Torsten