Jörg Heinicke wrote:
Von: Carsten Ziegeler

As both, auth-fw and session-fw are really out dated and as cowarp is a
better implementation of the auth-fw, I propose to:
a) deprecate auth-fw and session-fw in 2.1.x

+0 (Deprecating them in 2.1 does not really matter as we have not released 2.2
yet.)

b) remove auth-fw and session-fw in 2.2

-1 see below

c) add cowarp as an own block to 2.2

+1

I know that we should deprecate in 2.1.x, leave things in 2.2 and remove
them in 2.3 or 3.0; but in this case I think it's much better to remove
them right away in 2.2 as people should really not use it.

IMO we should let it in 2.2 as it otherwise highers the barrier to migrate an
application to 2.2. In theory switching to 2.2 (or the next minor version in
general) should be as easy as setting some properties. (With the change to the
new Maven build adopting the local build system might be difficult enough.) But
there should be no enforcement to change the application itself. Instead it
should be possible to replace deprecated stuff with recommended stuff step by
step and one after another.

I want to stress a point which is important for me: Starting with Cocoon 2.2 we start to split up Cocoon in smaller parts. We won't have any releases that contain all the +150 modules that we currently have in our repository but every module is released separatly.

So the question is not whether we want to release the auth-fw or session-fw as part of Cocoon 2.2 but whether we want to release the two blocks at all.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

___________________________________________________________ Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC: http://messenger.yahoo.de