Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> So, imho we should try to get most samples working - it's not necessary
>> that all samples work, but there should be more working samples than
>> failing ones. So as long as this is the case, I'm -1 on a release.
>
> which samples are failing?

Just try some of the core module; most of them failed for me (I tested
it two weeks ago, so I can't remember which ones exactly failed).

>> In addition, I would like to have a support for paranoid classloasding
>> in the deployer: controlled by a property the deploy could rewrite my
>> web.xml and add the paranoid servlet, listener and filters. Now, I could
>> come up with the code for rewriting the web.xml, but have no clue how
>> and where to add this in the deploy code.
>
> yes I agree but we shouldn't delay a release just because of this missing
> feature.
Oh, yes, I agree with that as well. It's just nice to have but not require.

> I will give more detailed advise about where you can add your code ASAP.
Great!

> I don't think that we should only provide Maven artifacts for our first
> release,
> nothing more. Getting out a "perfect" sample distribution (which only has
> demo
> purpose - people should *never* use it as the base for their own projects)
> could
> take ages ... and I don't want to wait for it.
So this means we release some jars and the plugins? I think one
important goal of this
release should be to get feedback, so we should try to make the barrier
to test 2.2 as low as possible while puttint as less effort as possible
into it. I'm not sure if just releasing maven artifacts is enough here.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/