Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
* Jean-Baptiste Quenot:

* Reinhard Poetz:

What would be the benifits?
Servlet listeners are an example.
Oh no sorry, that was already in servlet 2.3.

See http://java.sun.com/dtd/

What is the current servlet requirement?  I remember it was
servlet 2.2 in Cocoon 2.1.X
It's 2.3 for 2.2 now.

I don't know all the differences between 2.3 and 2.4, but one are
Request listeners which for example are used by spring 2.0 to support
request scoped components.

Looking at Tomcat and Jetty this would mean that Cocoon requires version 5 or higher of them.

As Tomcat 5.0.16, the first stable Tomcat 5 release, was released on December, 4th 2003, which was more than 2 1/2 years ago, I think there is no problem to switch to servlet api 2.4.

I will start a vote on the JDK and the servlet API versions as we need a formal agreement about this IMO.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

___________________________________________________________ Der frühe Vogel fängt den Wurm. Hier gelangen Sie zum neuen Yahoo! Mail: http://mail.yahoo.de