Hi,

I understand the concerns and I agree to keep the binding framework backward compatible. It is important for our current user base moving from older cocoon versions. Usually, adding a new attribute for handling the new required behavior is the way how we have been resolving this things before, hence I don't see why in this case will not be fixed this way.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Marc Portier escribió:
Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
Hello Marc,

I understand your  concern.  Here is the reply I  made on the JIRA
issue:

Just my opinion but this XML-based CForms binding API has a number
of inconsistencies and bugs. I doubt that  we will ever be able to
find a  syntax that  fits all use-cases. I'd  advise to  write the
binding  using <fb:javascript>  or  <fb:java> which  is much  more
reliable.

.. or even: don't use the binding framework and write proper
cform-instance-traversal code in custom classes or flowscript :-)

Reverting the  changes will give  back date fields  initialized to
1970-01-01.  On the contrary, your use case is very specific.

Hm, I don't think we should revert the changes (I don't see where I
might have suggested that) as I believe there is room for coping with
both use cases.

I am trying to decide what would be the best way to achieve that.

Apart from that I agree that the most 'common' use case deserves to
drive the decision for the 'default' behavior.
(mind though that I currently value my 'text-node' in that respect
higher then the 'date-parsing' case, but YMMV)

Coming back to that original date issue in fact I'm afraid I don't get
it yet completely? At which time is this 'org.w3c.util.DateParser'
active?  How does this become a problem of the binding?

regards,
-marc=