Hi,

This is slightly OT, but I guess others have had the same concern so
why not try ;-)

I've got several instances of Cocoon running behind a common httpd
server via virtual hosts and mod_proxy.

I'd like to make sure that no more than N simultaneous requests hit
each of these Cocoon instances, to avoid the case where one instance
gobbles up all the available connections.

Ideally, requests over N should get a "500 - server too busy"
MaxClients directive doesn't work for this IIUC, it's only usable at
the global level.

Has anyone got experiences to share? It looks like mod_tsunami would
help, but we're running httpd 2.0.49, upgrading to 2.2.x soon, and
it's for 1.3.x only.

-Bertrand

[1] http://bertrand.demiddelaer.org/mod_tsunami/