Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
On 10/9/06, Antonio Gallardo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

...Because we claim 2.1 is java 1.3 when it
fact few of us care about this compatibility and some blocks does not
compile at all....

I think we voted on this a while ago: the 2.1 core and most blocks
must work with 1.3, but some blocks might not. So it's not a surprise.

If we want to make sure 2.1 compiles with JDK 1.3 as shipped, we could
add a notice to the release instructions, that this must be tested
before releasing - it's only a matter of disabling blocks which do not
compile with 1.3.

For 2.2, it would be cool to have this info in the blocks themselves -
do the Maven POMs allow for some "JDK requirements" metadata?

You can configure the compiler plugin by setting the source and target version of your code. Usually they are set in the root pom but for Cocoon it has been commented out for some reasons (Jorg?).

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

___________________________________________________________ Der frühe Vogel fängt den Wurm. Hier gelangen Sie zum neuen Yahoo! Mail: http://mail.yahoo.de