Hi Nicolas,

I've migrated the block by saturday, with all the pending issues. We should add these issues to JIRA.

Lars

Since it was I who contributed it some....hmmm... 2(?) years ago, I should
actually do it myself now that I am a worthy committer ;o)

Well...

Just want you to know that there are outstanding issues with it. IIRC;

1. Rotation of images will not produce the expected result. I never managed to figure out how to make it work, and probably need to dig deeper into the
Java2D stuff (not my ball game).

2. Certain types of TIFF encodings will result in incorrect colors when converted. It is not all TIFFs, and I have not even managed to figure out
which does and which doesn't work.

3. Installation of Java Advanced Imaging must be done. Never bothered to figure out if it can be used ad-hoc, or must be installed into the JRE as we
did in the project (easiest approach).

But besides that, scaling and conversions of images are lightening fast, and we deployed a couple of 'thumb nail' style photo library sites (NO, not porn)
and a product catalog for both web and print.

I got feedback from Stefan Pietschmann, and it might be that he has additional
info/changes available...

Cheers
Niclas

--