On 12/5/06, Ard Schrijvers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You should add an extra stylesheet that removes superfluous namespace
> attributes. This is what I've done:

I used to use this strategy as well, though recently I replaced this xsl
transformer with a custom StripNameSpacesTransformer (about just 10 lines),
which outperforms the slow xsl transformation a factor 30 for small xml docs,
over hundreds of times for bigger xml docs. I am not sure if it is already
available in cocoon in some transformer.

If somebody is interested in the code, I can attach it,

Instead of requiring that an extra transformer be added to the
pipeline would it make sense to add this capability as a configuration
option on the HTML/XHTML serializers?

--
Peter Hunsberger