Recapitulating this thread:

1) The lightweight StripNameSpaceTransformer is an option to strip intermediate
namespaces you want to get rid of (like after sql transformer, I would like to
get rid of them as fast as possible). Add this to trunk/branch or not?

2) The XHTML serializer: Make it by default strip the list of namespaces we
know people don't want to sent to the browser. Configurable: added namespaces
to be stripped.

About serializers: Does anybody know why we have a serialization part in cocoon
core and one in a serializers block? Is it preferred to use serializers from
the serializers block? Normally, I am using
org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer and configure doctype-public.

Ard