Yes, that solves it. It had an (old) avalon-framework-4.0.jar in the
classpath, after removing it, the batik block seems to work fine (from
first tests).

I'll try to figure out where avalon-framework-4.0.jar is defined.

Thanks!
Bart.

I'm
> > getting an exception:
> >
> > 2006-12-11 13:08:03.375::WARN:  Nested in
> > org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
> > Unexpected exception parsing XML document from Se
> > rvletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]; nested
> > exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> > org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.Default

ConfigurationBuilder.build(Ljava/io/InputStream;Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/
> > apache/avalon/framework/configuration/Configuration;:
> > java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.bu
> > ild(Ljava/io/InputStream;Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/apach
> > e/avalon/framework/configuration/Configuration;
> >         at

org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.ConfigurationReader.loadU
> > RI(ConfigurationReader.java:506)
> >         at

org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.ConfigurationReader.handl

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@cocoon.apache.org/msg36299.html