Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>>

>> Marc Portier wrote:

>>> in my experience people don't know/remember the date/quarter of a
>>> certain release, so would be hindered in finding back what they are
>>> looking for
>>>
>>> the subdir hierarchy should be build up of stuff they can be normally
>>> expected to know, eg
>>> 1- major/minor/patch
>>> 2- or the various artifact-names
>>>
>>> (given those are causing this, I'ld go for option 2)
>>
>> Me too. Kinda Maven repository structure?
>>
>> artifactId/version/  ?
>
> The problem with it is, that we have to configure it in pom.xml for each
> module, the date solution would have worked for all.
>
> Maybe something like this
>
>       <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
>         <version>2.0-beta-4</version>
>         <configuration>
>
> <tagBase>https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/${project.artifactId}</tagBase>

If this works (and I cannot see why it shouldn't) even

<tagBase>https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/${project.artifactId}/${project.version}</tagBase>

should work.

>         </configuration>
>       </plugin>
>
> is resolved correctly and automatically creates missing directories. I
> will give it a try next time.

- --
Otego AG                                  Tel:   +41 (0)1  240 00 55
Giacomo Pati, CTO                         Mobile:+41 (0)79 262 21 04
Apache Software Foundation Member         Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hohlstrasse 216                           Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
CH-8004 Zuerich                           http://www.otego.com