Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
On 12/13/06, Matthias Epheser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

According to the documentation here
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/components/1063/g1/939.html it should be possible to declare the expires time in mod_expires style (e.g..
"access plus 4 ours").

We couldn't find something about the apache-style support here. We are using a
2.2 development version from about early this year.

Are we missing some point or is the documentation pointing to a feature that
doesn't exist (any more) ?

Definitely a documentation bug. I wrote that piece of code, and the
corresponding docs, then the Apache style was dropped sometimes in the
process (I found it out the hard way as well, but it was definitely
too late at night to fix the docs). Probably, as Carsten notes, this
happened when the component was moved from the sandbox.

There is AbstractProcessingPipeline.parseExpires() which is used to initialize configuredExpires member variable. Not sure what's up with ExpiresCachingProcessingPipeline and why it is not using this value and/or method.

Vadim