Can someone give some input as to what would be involved in back porting the
Java Flow code to the 2.1.10 code base?

 For my project at least 2.2 is worlds away.

Well, in 2.2 we use a different approach in regards to the
integration. (via jci) For various reasons the rewriting is not done
by the classloader anymore. (but via jci) So the javaflow classes
themself can probably stay untouched ...but in 2.2 this is all
integrated with the auto-reloading. So basically you would have to
backport that as well to get the same behavior and features.

What should be possible is to just use the commons javaflow library
with the old integration though. Should be reasonable simple.

I would have to dig into the code to work out some action items
though. Has been ages since I last looked at 2.1.

cheers
--
Torsten