On Thursday 01 February 2007 04:16, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Also it was a quite large work to integrate Spring and OSGi. And when we
> saw that a project doing that started within the Spring community with
> some OSGi heavyweights involved, it seemed like a better idea to stop
> our own development in that area and either join them or being lazy and
> wait for them to deliver something ;)

I just came back from the initial kick-off meeting of the Enterprise Expert
Group in the OSGi Alliance.
One of the interesting things are that Spring will get a central focus in OSGi
Enterprise, and many of the Spring OSGi guys (Adrian Coyler for instance) is
part of the EEG. I expect a strong convergence, so that not only will Spring
become a first class citizen in OSGi, but also vice versa.

So, from a Cocoon perspective, I think it is a wise choice to continue the
Springification and just keep an eye on the features that the Spring OSGi
team are introducing features from the OSGi side of the fence, such as
dynamicity and peer-classloaders. End of the day, I don't think Cocoon will
need to do a lot for full OSGi support.

Cheers
Niclas