Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

What about checking out archetypes:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/cocoon-2.2/cocoon-22-archetype-block/cocoon-22-archetype-block-1.0.0-M5 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/cocoon-2.2/cocoon-22-archetype-webapp/cocoon-22-archetype-webapp-1.0.0-M2
and building them this way:
mvn install -s testing-cocoon-settings.xml

I've created this file and attached to the message I'm writing. Of course it demands some extra strokes while building Cocoon for testing but as soon as artifacts are released to the central you can omit -s parameter and be sure that your build still works and you have clean poms (no temporary repositories). Also you really test archetypes tagged for release, as you pointed out there is no much difference here but it's more elegant IMO.

Thanks Grzegorz! Of course you're right. I will remember when I do the RC1 release series.

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc