Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
Joerg Heinicke napisaƂ(a):
On 10.03.2007 17:53, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

It's rather common practice to stop discussing in JIRA issue and move to
the mailing list. I would like to know if there exist some guidelines
when to discuss in JIRA and when on mailing list?

There are no real guidelines and I don't think it is that important where to discuss it. Jira notification mails end on the mailing list anyway.

Jira notifications often are meaningless, and at the very least are pain to parse and are out of the context.

The preferred approach is to have any non trivial discussion on the list, and after that you can add a link to the discussion to the jira issue.

Vadim

One reason for switching to mailing list might just be the (missing) performance of Jira. Otherwise if a comment is related to an issue adding it to Jira is perfectly suited. If the need for a broader discussion arises using the mailing list might be better.

I see, thanks for explanation.

Looking forward to your experiences with Mylar and your actual work :-)

I hope that quite long report will encourage you to make an attempt to try Mylar.