On 3/14/07, Reinhard Poetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

..."Do people think it's useful to have an up-to-date list of committers/PMC
members that contains information about who is active?..

It would be useful but IMHO it's impossible to keep such a list up to
date, or it's too much work.

Am I active? I haven't committed code for many months, I'll most
probably not work on 2.2 yet I'm helping here and there on the lists,
and fixing the occasional bug. Go figure, 10% active maybe?

What might be useful and easy to maintain would be a list where
committers can voluntarily indicate what parts of Cocoon they're
actively working on or interested in at the moment. A wiki page would
be good enough for this, in addition to the "list of past and present
committers" mentioned below.

...  - the probably best source of information to find out whether a project
and its
    committers are (in)active is looking at the mailing lists and the
    changes docs...

Big +1

  - mainting a committers list containing the current activity state causes
    some bureaucracy for us. The less work we have the better.

+1 again

I like the "list of past and present committers" at

 http://cocoon.apache.org/community/members.html

but I would dump

 http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/who.html

which is not up to date and probably inconsistent with the other one in places.

...So what do you think? (I will interpret "no answers" as "nobody cares" which
is
also an important information for us)..

I'm sure many of us care, thanks for getting the ball rolling.

-Bertrand