On 3/28/07, Reinhard Poetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Peter Hunsberger wrote:
> On 3/28/07, Reinhard Poetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <snip/>
>>
>> I propose making the status code attribute of serializers expandable.
>> This makes
>> it easier to provide REST style services with Cocoon that make use of the
>> different meanings of status codes.
>>

> Could you explain what you mean by "expandable" a little?

Can't do it any better than Jochen at the provided JIRA link:

<map:serialize type="html" status-code="{sc}"/>

does not return the resolved variable sc as HTTP status code but simply returns
200 OK as HTTP code. Some applications may want to store the status code in a
variable and pass this varibale to the serialzer, expecting it to expand it
(Cocoon-Lenya is an example).

Suggested enhancement patch to expand variables on the serializer is attached.

Ah, got ya, you mean, return the "proper" status code or some such thing...

+1

--
Peter Hunsberger