> > > more comments like in wiki or in the cocoon.xconf more
> comment for different configurations?
> > > I can try to write extended documentation on what IMO is
> best for configuration, and "tricks" to
> > > avoid the StoreJanitor mechanism
> >
> > I'm interested in further comments by you too, but actually
> I meant that other
> > people should comment on our plan to change the behaviour
> of StoreJanitor.
>
> Personally, I wonder if you can't just get rid of it altogether?

Yes we can, but we have to make sure the default store configurations are such
that
the maxdiskelements is not set to indefinitely in combination of
time2liveseconds and
time2idleseconds of 0, or eternal = true. This would mean, cache would always
fill all
available memory in the end. Proper configured defaults should make the
StoreJanitor redundant.

Ard