> Configurable Store registration with StoreJanitor alleviates
> somewhat that
> problem, but not solves completely as you still have to
> properly configure all
> your cache sizes correctly to avoid OOM.
>
> I think you can try combining Cocoon's MRU cache and EHCache
> to get best of both
> worlds.

I have now 3 eventaware jcs caches and 1 eventaware MRU cache and 1 MRU cache
by default...it got
out of hand :-)

> > I tried to explain the inevitable OOM of the StoreJanitor
> in combination of EHCache and
> > the event registry in a high volume site.
>
> That's only highlights that current cocoon default config is
> not a viable option.

true

> I doubt that it is possible at all to make any programming
> system robust enough
> to withstand bad code. You can try though.

It indeed almost seems the more robust I make it (even with a skeleton
generator creating an entire structure
based on best practice), the more they try to break it :-)...no not entirely
true.
The only problem is that it abstracts the basics even further, and since we are
outsourcing, they tend to sometimes
forget what they are really doing and think about it. OTH, large sites are
running fine for months and this wasn't the case before I tried making it
robust. But I get your point :-)

Ard