Andrew Savory wrote:
I suppose it's all relative. Those big scary mvn lines make it seem like a lot, even if it isn't. And what you end up with is a template application, and not a template publishing framework.

The emphasis with the demo is to show content from a Spring bean, and not for example a simple XML transformation. There's not even any XSLT in sight. This is a pretty dramatic change for what used to be a publishing framework.

I guess ultimately if it bothers me so much, I should scratch the itch and write a new archetype ;-)

why don't we add one pipeline that demonstrates the use of XSLT to the
archetype?

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc