Robby Pelssers wrote:
Porting our app from 2.1.8 to 2.1.10 resulted into SERIOUS problems. A week of investigation told us that the loading behaviour of javascript files, (we use cocoon.load a lot) is has an unpredictable performance. Sometimes good and sometimes VERY bad

In an earlier thread http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=117317352713555&w=2 <http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=117317352713555&w=2> Berry van Halderen had a workaround for this by using a 1.6.R6pre build of rhino. We tried the same workaround but our scripts run into exceptions in various places. It seems like methods in inner classes are not accessible anymore. Did we do something wrong when building rhino. We use JDK 1.5.0_09 and changed the target in the rhino properties file to 1.5.

Any ideas?

Do you happen to use importPackage(...) a lot? Try importing individual classes with importClass(...). Rhino seems to have classloader issues with importPackage, resulting in long loading times and unpredictable behaviour.

Hope this helps,
Niels