Daniel Fagerstrom pisze:

That would be the case if expressions with converter variant modifiers only was used alone as attribute values. But remember that expressions in CTemplate can be embeded in text as well, e.g.:

In such cases having the modifier outside the expression would be harder to parse. We chose '#' as a separator as it didn't seem to have any significant meaning in the expression languages we had in mind when the converters where discussed. We can always introduce some escaping mechanism "##" e.g. for cases when a literal '#' is needed as part of an expression.

Standard \# is more intuitive but generally I agree with your point.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski