Grzegorz Kossakowski skrev:

[I comment on the release plan in the appropriately named thread.]
Now, we have to decide what to do. I would be very happy to help with documentation but it means I would have to neglect my GSoC tasks. I have no problem with it because days without Cocoon's internals could be much brighter ;)

GSoC is your first priority. You are making good progress, don't let some temporary frustration hinder you and diffuse your goals.

However, investing my GSoC time into writing documentation seems to violate agreement with both Cocoon community and Google Summer of Code organizers. I made a promise to work on unification of Object Model and Expression handling to Cocoon community. Moreover, SoC has its own opinion on working on documentation[1]. Of course we could say that I've already contributed some code and it does not harms that much if I spend few days only on documentation. What's your opinion?

We cannot trade your GSoC scope for other tasks. That is not part of the agreement, and I'm certain that you in the end would be disappointed on your self if you did.

You have defined the scope and plan for the project and have to make sure that you succeed with your goals. Of course, if the plan needs to be revised to become relevant and/or reasonable, you can revise it and we can discuss the new plan. If you need to revise it you should start discussing that very soon. In the end it is your responsibility to finish the scope that we have agreed on. Remember that it is much better to have completed a small scope than to have "nearly finished" a much larger scope.

Now, I have not the slightest interest in micro managing your work. If you feel that you can spend some time on the 2.2 release without endangering your GSoC task, feel free to do that. If not, focus on your GSoC task.

/Daniel