Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
Hi,

We have discussed JIRA split up several times now, the last time in this thread[1]. Since infra team raised concerns on proposed JIRA project identifier we agreed on adding "COCOON" prefix to every identifier. I posted updated proposal with topic "Division of Cocoon's JIRA once again" asking if there are any objections and for month there have been none.

I would like call vote on division of Cocoon's JIRA project into several smaller ones as outlined below.
The list of projects with proposed JIRA identifiers in brackets:
- Cocoon Core (COCOONCORE)
  includes following artifacts:
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-api
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-util
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-xml-api
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-impl
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-xml-impl
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-components
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-sitemap-api
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-thread-api
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-sitemap-impl
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-sitemap-components
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-xml-resolver
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-store-impl
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-thread-impl
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core-main-sample
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-expression-language-api
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-expression-language-impl
- Servlet service framework (COCOONSERVLETSERVICE)
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-servlet-service-components
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-servlet-service-impl
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-servlet-service-sample
- Template (COCOONTEMPLATE)
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-template-impl
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-template-sample
- Flowscript (COCOONFLOWSCRIPT)
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-flowscript-impl
- Database (COCOONDATABASE)
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-databases-mocks
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-databases-hsqldb-server
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-databases-hsqldb-client
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-databases-impl
- Forms (COCOONFORMS)
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-forms-impl
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-forms-sample
- M2 Plugins and archetypes (COCOONM2)
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-maven-plugin
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-rcl-spring-reloader
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-rcl-webapp-wrapper
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-22-archetype-block
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-22-archetype-block-plain
  * org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-22-archetype-webapp

hmmm, the main benefit of having seperate Jira projects is that we can have seperate version numbering schemes for each project. But looking at e.g. COCOONM2 I don't see how this can be achieved because all modules that it contains already have different version numbers. If I want to report a bug I don't know which version number I have to choose.

Apart fromt that I miss COCOONCONFIGURATION. (Btw, would it be possible to use underlines, e.g. COCOON_CONFIGURATION to increase readability?)

--
Reinhard Pötz Independent Consultant, Trainer & (IT)-Coach

                                       web(log): http://www.poetz.cc