Grzegorz Kossakowski skrev:
Daniel Fagerstrom pisze:
Next choice could be to use ${}. The problem with this characters is that they are already used in Template and if we don't pick Jexl language as default it will break current templates not to mention confusion it would cause. We could come up with %{}, !{} or whatever is not used yet. Everyone's keyboard has lot of remaining symbols waiting for use but I wonder if we really want/need new wrappers.

I woulf be OK, with chosing Jexl as default EL and using "${}", but I prefer "{}".

Daniel, what about back incompatibility, then?

It is plugable, so I don't see that we get any back incompatibility. If you prefer the current way you can use that. If you prefer the new way, you can use that.

There is no way to have a unified EL that can be used everywhere and includes both the sitemap and the JXTG syntax.

Simply choosing {} is not a solution because there will be no smooth migration path for two reasons:
  a) some JX may break as proved above
b) it's all or nothing situation, if someone (or we) decides to switch to new expressions their existing applications simply break

Such radical step has its own benefits but I'm not sure if it's exactly what you would agree with.

We are not forcing anyone to use the new unified ELs, we just offer people to do that if they feel like it. It is just a configuration setting.

/Daniel