Giacomo Pati wrote:

>> Hi all
>
>> If there is nobody working on the subject I'll spend a few hours on doing
>> that.
>
> I'm done with it :-) but need an advice on a special case:
>
> There are some special 'custom' stuff which had been referenced in form
> definitions/bindings by the
> mentioned 'class' attribute which is now replaced by a 'ref' attribute and
> must be a Spring bean.
> Those classes were handled by LifecycleHelper as Avalon Components (which
> I've eliminated in that
> block). Those custom classes could have implemented the Avalon Configurable
> interface to get access
> to the XML snippet in the definition/binding file as a Avalon Configuration
> object. So how should
> that be handled now as they are all managed by Spring?
>
> I have 2 possibilities:
>
> a) check the custom class/bean whether it has a 'setConfiguration' method by
> reflection and pass
>    the DOM snipped to it
>
> b) extend the base interfaces (WidgetValidator, etc) to a ie.
> ConfigurableWidgetValidator, etc.)
>    that has that setConfiguration method to pass the DOM snipped to.

As Felix was the only one giving oppinion about stuff above, I'll implement b)
which leads to 2 new
interfaces ATM to conform semantically to Avalonian CForm version:

   ConfigurableWidgetListener extends WidgetListener and
   ConfigurableWidgetValidator extends WidgetValidator each having a method of:

      void setConfiguration(org.w3c.Element) throws Exception;

> So, a) could be said being black magic, and b) could be said being
> overdesigned.
>
> So I'd like you guys give your oppinions so that I can polish that last thing
> up and commit.
>
> BTW: Do we create a branch of cocoon-form-(sample|impl) so that we will have
> a new version for the
> sprinigied blocks?

As nobody commented on this I'll going to branch cocoon-form before I commit
the sprinified CForms,
as soon as Reinhard has finished releasing. Do I have to branch each block
(cocoon-forms-impl and
cocoon-forms-sample) individually or is branching their upper directory
(cocoon-forms) enough?

Ciao

- --
Giacomo Pati